Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love Dare ~ Love is Not Selfish

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor."- Romans 12:10

Dare: Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today".

OK, this dare took a bit of time. I had no idea what to buy my hubs and I was on a fixed amount of money to work with. I went back and forth deciding if I would actually buy something or if I would make something. My son and I went over to Big Lots to find something for the hubs. A-HA! I found some Saunders Peanut Butter Cups. I knew my hubs would go crazy over those and he's been working some very long hours.
I bought them and stuck them in the freezer. Later that evening, the hubs got home from work and I told him to go look in the freezer door if he wanted a snack. He was ecstatic! He's still telling me how much he loves his peanut butter cups. Apparently, they're the best he's ever had. I say it's because I bought them with a whole load of love. :)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com