Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love Dare ~ Love is Kind

"Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:32

Dare: "In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness"

Let's talk about this day. :) My hubs was sick and I decided to let him sleep in while I took care of Alex in the morning. Then, I made his favorite breakfast and was about to bring it to him in bed when he woke up. Instead, we all sat down to breakfast together and had a nice, family chat.
This dare became difficult as the day dragged on. The hubs was getting tired, I got a migraine, and our son was being a handful.
I'm commited to this dare so I stuck it out and made sure to help my hubs as much as I could. It was draining, and he was acting like a big baby at times, but I never ran off my mouth at him nor did I lose my patience.
At the end of the day, my hubs thanked me for everything and said he really appreciated my support.
:) YAY! SUCCESS!
I'm sure other days may be more challenging, but I'm COMMITED to this.

~Amy

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com